Simple Sitemap Pro
Adding a HTML sitemap has never been so easy. Simply enter the sitemap shortcode
[simple-sitemap] on any page to display a full featured, rich sitemap on any page.
There are plenty of configuration options to control the layout of the sitemap in columns, or even tabs! You can also choose which post types are displayed, and exclude individual posts with ease.
- *NEW* Display ANY nav menu as a sitemap.
- *NEW* Show hierarchical parent pages as links or plain text.
- *NEW* Customize sitemap titles for specific pages (via filter).
- Add a HTML sitemap in seconds
- Works right out of the box. No configuration needed
- Fully responsive. Looks great on mobile devices.
- Flexible layout options, including tabbed display
- Show any or all post types, and in any order
- Exclude individual posts
- Order posts by title, date, id (ascending or descending)
- Display sitemap as a continuous horizontal list of posts/pages
You have total control over what’s displayed at all times. To enable the tabbed layout add the ‘render’ attribute:
[simple-sitemap render="tab"]. This results in a sitemap displaying posts for each specified post type in a separate tab, similar to the example output below.
That’s it! That’s all you need to do to show a complete fully featured sitemap with tabbed layout to your site. It really is that simple.
But that’s not all. The sitemap is fully responsive by default for all layout modes (single column, multi-column, and tabbed) meaning it looks great on all devices.
There are many options available to alter the sitemap output but it works right out of the box with no extra setup required whatsoever. You can customize how your sitemap appears via the flexible configuration options. For example, you can easily choose to:
- Remove default list bullet point icon
- Add featured images (if defined for a post)
- Add post excerpts
- Add a separator between sitemap items.
- Order the list of posts via title, date, id etc.
Use any combination of these options to display your sitemap exactly as you want!
Here’s a full list of attributes you can use with the
[simple-sitemap] shortcode. The default values for each attribute are also shown:
And, of course, enabling additional configuration options still results in a great looking sitemap when viewing on mobile devices.
The sitemap can alternatively be displayed in a single or multiple column layout. For the multi-column layout the columns wrap automatically at smaller browser widths and on mobile devices.
Remove Parent Page Links
New in v0.6 is a feature to allow you to manage parent page links for hierarchical pages. You can choose to remove ALL parent page links OR on specific ones ONLY, leaving just the title text.
This will now only show the parent page title text without any links. This can be useful when you want to group pages under a single parent (to better organize your content) but don’t want the parent page to actually contain any content. In this case it’s pointless to link to the (blank) parent page.
For maximum flexibility you can also specify a comma separated list of parent page IDs to remove links for specific parent pages ONLY!
Filter Sitemap Titles
Sometimes the titles you enter for post/page titles are very long. These don’t look great when displayed inside your sitemap. To remedy this you have the option to filter any title to whatever you want! See plugin documentation for more details.
Horizontal Sitemap Layout
You can also display your sitemap as a horizontal list of posts using the new
You can choose how to separate items in the horizontal list by using the
horizontal_separator attribute. The default is a comma but in the previous example this has been changed to ‘ | ‘. The full shortcode used to produce the horizontal list of pages above is:
[simple-sitemap types="page" horizontal="true" horizontal_separator=" | "]
No matter which layout option you choose you can be sure that your sitemap will look great on all devices!
Download Today – 100% Risk FREE!
Why not try out Simple Sitemap Pro right now and add a comprehensive sitemap to boost SEO and user engagement on your website? Click here to get started.
The available shortcodes (and all attributes) are listed on the Simple Sitemap Pro plugin settings page inside the WordPress admin area. You can also refer to the plugin documentation for full details of the configuration options available.
And if you need more details please contact us here for pre-sales questions. We’d love to hear from you.
Simple Sitemap Pro ChangelogVersion 2.1 - 20 September, 2018
- jQuery UI CSS separated out into its own file.
- Other minor code enhancements and refactoring to improve plugin structure and performance.
- Fixed bug in new filter.
- Added new filter to be able to append content outside of each sitemap link.
- Fixed minor issue with title text filter.
- New hook parameter added to allow titles to be easily filtered.
- Updated plugin license code.
- Added better support for nav menu container classes to not conflict with site nav menus.
- Added new
[simple-sitemap-menu]shortcode to output a sitemap based on a nav menu.
- Fixed bug with the
[simple-sitemap-child]shortcode and added attribute to set the post type used.
- Added new
[simple-sitemap-tax]shortcode to list taxonomy terms (e.g. categories).
- Added new attribute to all sitemap shortcodes to hide private posts, and only show public ones. By default all public/private posts are displayed.
- Added new attribute to all sitemap shortcodes to optionally set each link to \"nofollow\".
- Added new shortcode
[simple-sitemap-child]to list child pages of a specific parent page. You can now easily create separate lists of child pages for each parent page.
- Add new attribute for the group shortcode to allow exclusion of one or more taxonomy terms. Example usage is: [simple-sitemap-group exclude_terms=\"term1, term2\"].
- Another bug fix for the new plugin option to remove parent page sitemap links. Check box setting was not persisting after saving.
- Fixed bug with the new plugin option to remove parent page sitemap links.
- Added options to remove sitemap links for ALL parent pages or just specific ones.
- Added filter for post titles so that long titles can be shortened for specific posts.
- Fix. Tabbed layout CSS updated and now displays correctly.
- New \"horizontal\" and \"horizontal_separator\" shortcode attributes added to display the sitemap as a horizontal list of posts.
- Initial release.